Digital Marketing Coordinator
Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, M2L 1A8
June 11, 2018
Associate Director, CFC Media Lab
May 25, 2018
August 31, 2018
Job title: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Type: Contract – 12 weeks
Start date: June 11, 2018
End date: August 31, 2018
Reports to: Associate Director, CFC Media Lab
Location: Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, M2L 1A8
About the Canadian Film Centre’s Media Lab
The Canadian Film Centre’s Media Lab (CFC Media Lab) is an internationally acclaimed digital media think tank and award-winning production facility. It provides a unique research, training and production environment for digital media content developers and practitioners, as well as acceleration programs and services for digital entertainment start-ups and related SMEs. Program participants have emerged as leaders in the world of digital media, producing groundbreaking projects and innovative, sustainable companies for the digital and virtual age. CFC Media Lab is funded in part by a contribution of up to $4.76 million through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario. For more information, visit cfccreates.com/programs/media-lab.
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to assist in the digital marketing and communications of our IDEABOOST program, CFC Media Lab events and growing body of CFC Media Lab-produced VR experiences.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Digital Marketing Coordinator will support CFC Media Lab’s various internal and external communications initiatives including, but not limited to, managing the development and curation of the Enterprising Culture microsite from start to finish, assisting with social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) when needed, supporting communications with our community of digital media startups and contributing editorial ideas/concepts to our monthly newsletters and blog posts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a digital marketing/communications student with a passion for digital media startups, especially those startups that promote digital screen-based entertainment and new immersive media technologies, such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), wearables and the Internet of Things (IoT), as well as artificial intelligence (AI) – fields that are all poised to be highly valuable to future career prospects in the entertainment industry.
- Manage the creation of the new Enterprising Culture microsite from start to finish
- Support day-to-day internal communications with our community of startups, gathering information from them to promote by sharing on our social channels
- Attend CFC Media Lab and partner industry events and assist in providing coverage on social channels as required
- May require some additional hours of work during evenings and weekends, depending on events
- Applicants should be working towards a degree in digital marketing, journalism, communications, public relations or related field and returning full-time to college or university later this year
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills
- Highly social media-savvy; experienced in engaging with communities via social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube)
- Affinity for embracing new communications trends, technology and tools in an evolving media and communications landscape
- Strong research and critical thinking skills; able to identify relevant issues and content about digital entertainment startups and new technologies, as well as then assist in curating that content on social media
- Supremely well organized and good at managing a community or people; knows how to write and schedule posts to generate conversations, community and brand value
- Motivated self-starter who works well both independently and on teams in a busy, fast-paced office environment
- A true digital native – extremely knowledgeable and comfortable working with content management systems, as well as programs like Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, Gmail and Microsoft Outlook; familiarity with Trello, Salesforce and Exact Target an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2018 and indicate “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.